Your friendly Affordable Home Inspection Team
YOUR HOME MATTERS
But here at Affordable Home, we understand the emotional side of the home buying process as well.
We know that there is a lot of fear when you are going through the inspection or testing process. That’s why we approach every single client as unique, and we’re passionate about providing our clients with excellent customer service throughout the process.
- Make an informed decision and have peace of mind about your home purchase
- Save money and conserve energy
- Make sure your home is safe and in tip-top shape
We’re here to help!
- If you’re a first-time homebuyer, we’re willing to show you simple things like how to check if your oil is low or turn the water off if you have a leak.
- If you’ve had a bad experience buying a home in the past, we understand that you may want to pay special attention to certain areas.
- If you’re a seasoned house flipper, we know we can get right down to business and straight to the facts.
About the Owners
We are Dan and Melissa Smart, the husband and wife owners of Affordable Home. We operate as a team, and we’re committed to providing exceptional customer service and educating customers through their most important purchase.
We started this company ten years ago because we went through the home buying and selling process ourselves, and we saw a huge need: building inspections with an emphasis on customer service. Since we both came from corporate backgrounds where providing excellent service was a high priority, we decided that we could be the ones to fill that need. We opened our doors in 2007, right before the housing market crashed—not the best time to quit your corporate job to start a business in real estate! But we plugged along and continued to build the company, brick by brick. Since then, Affordable Home has served thousands of clients. We take pride in providing a detailed inspection report within 24 hours, and we haven’t missed a single one in 14 years. While there is no certification requirement for building inspectors in Maine, we are members of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors, and Melissa is a BPI certified building analyst. Additionally, we follow a very specific set of standards to ensure that your inspection or testing provides you with accurate information.
This is, after all, your biggest purchase decision, and we want you to have peace of mind about the quality of building inspection you will receive.